The three-time world champion was admitted to Albert Einstein Hospital in Sao Paulo “for follow-up treatment of the colon tumor identified in September this year,” his medical team said in a statement.

The legend is in a stable condition and Sao Paulo’s Hospital Albert Einstein where he is staying said on Wednesday that he should be discharged in the next few days, Evening Standard reports.

Pele underwent a surgery to remove a colon tumour in September and spent nearly a month in hospital.

The 81-year-old three-time World Cup winner said at the time that he would need to undergo chemotherapy.

His assistant Pepito Fornos has told The Associated Press that Pele is having chemotherapy sessions to treat the tumor that was found during routine exams at the end of August.

In September, Pele was admitted to hospital after a tumour in his right colon was found during routine tests, ESPN reports. The tumour was removed and sent for analysis.
Pele has suffered from hip problems for years and cannot walk unaided. His public appearances were already being cut before the COVID-19 pandemic and since then he has made few unnecessary forays outside his house near Santos.

Previous articleOmar Sterling is the best rapper in Ghana, the rest should go and sleep- Mugeez
Next articleKwasi Aboagye Exposes Joyce Blessing “One Of Her Three Children Is Not Her Husbands”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here